The Alabaster Offering provides funds for property and buildings around the world. While we understand the church consists of the people of God and not a building, buildings erected for the purpose of ministry help provide a sense of permanence, functionally enhance ministry efforts, and convey an attitude that the Church of the Nazarene intends to "put down roots."
Alabaster funds are to be used for new churches to:
• Purchase a property or church building
• Purchase or build a church parsonage
• Build a church building
• Conversion of a property into a church gathering space
• Meet initial costs for renting a church meeting space for a limited period
Alabaster funds may also be used to:
• Purchase or build missionary homes
• Purchase or build regional or field missions facilities
• Build or repurpose buildings on Bible college campuses
The Alabaster Offering gets to the mission field via several avenues. The most widely used is the Alabaster Box. Individuals are challenged to regularly contribute the cost of items they desire but do not need. The boxes also serve as reminders to pray for those people who will benefit from Alabaster buildings.
You can pick up your box at Legacy Church. We even have special ones for the kids!
In September and February, the money is collected. The exact date will be announced so stay tuned!
If you wish to give towards Alabaster online, please select "give" in the main menu and designate your giving to "Alabaster".